Re: Rechartering WebApp WG

Hi Doug,

There are a couple of additional areas it would be useful to consider
for future work in the Widgets space, specifically:

- inter-widget communication (both single-user and multi-user, e.g.
collaboration)
- social web APIs for widgets (e.g. friends, friends-of)

The latter is a topic for a call next month with the Social Web IG,
and would involve co-ordination with DAP as it may share some
characteristics with the Contacts API. It would also be useful to have
a liaison with the OpenSocial foundation.

On 8 Feb 2010, at 12:25, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Hi, Folks-
>
> As you know, we will be up for rechartering on 30 June 2010.
> However, we have a few new deliverables, and we've been specifically
> advised that though they are arguably in scope, it would be better
> transparency if e.g. postMessage and MessageChannel were explicitly
> added to the charter.
>
> Thus, I have started a rough draft of the new WebApps charter [1],
> taking into account the feedback received so far on the WebApps
> member list.
>
> We are interested in comments to refine the charter before
> submitting it to the Advisory Committee and W3C management for review.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/Overview.html
>
> Regards-
> -Doug Schepers
> W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs