From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Marcos Caceres
Sent: 03 February 2010 14:57
To: Arthur Barstow
Cc: public-webapps
Subject: Re: [widgets] P&C: comments submitted after 1-Dec-2009 CR#2 publication

Hi Art,

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> Marcos, All - below is a list of headers for comments submitted to
> public-webapps re  the P&C spec and test suite after CR#2 was published on
> 1-Dec-2009. I think the list is complete but I haven't double-checked it.
>
> Will addressing any of the post-CR#2 comments prevent this spec from
> advancing to Proposed Recommendation:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#cfr

IMO, there is nothing preventing this spec from progressing to PR from
those emails. The emails have only resulted in clarifications to the
spec and fixes in the test suite.

However, I'd personally like to see two "commercial-grade"
implementations (or whatever you would call them, products with
100,000+ users) pass 100% of the test suite before moving this to PR.
I'd hate to see spec bugs showing up in the wild while in PR, when we
could have caught them during the CR phase - or that QA processes from
well-funded  commercial entities discover issues during PR that where
not caught by the smaller scale implementations we currently have (no
offence to anyone that has implemented thus far, I'm just trying to
assure the quality for the benefit of everyone). Anyway that's my
position. If other implementers feel confident that the spec is solid
enough to become a standard, then onwards we go :)

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au