Re: MPEG-U

Hi, Cyril-

Cyril Concolato wrote (on 1/20/10 12:24 AM):

> Le 13/01/2010 19:59, Doug Schepers a écrit :
>>
>> Cyril Concolato wrote (on 1/13/10 10:37 AM):
>>>
>>> Yes, you're right, the problem is that liaisons usually are not
>>> considered as public documents so the secretariat or MPEG members are
>>> not allowed to make them public.
>>> Anyway, MPEG is meeting next week, I'll
>>> raise your questions and try to have MPEG make a formal answer.
>>
>> Could you please make sure that the secretariat sends the email to
>> team-liaisons@w3.org, CCing Steven, Mike, and me, as the Team Contacts
>> for the WebApps WG, and Philippe Le Hegaret as Interaction Domain Lead?
>> It's not appropriate to email Tim Berners-Lee for liaisons at this
>> level, though if they insist, I suppose they can include him. We need to
>> make sure that these liaisons are dealt with in a timely manner.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate if you could have the secretariat send an
>> immediate acknowledgment email to the above email addresses, just to
>> make sure that the process is understood and accepted, before sending
>> the liaison itself. Could you please request that right away?
>>
>> I know you are doing what you can to make sure the communication
>> channels are clear, so I appreciate your help.
>
> Just for clarification. I don't know yet if the liaison can be sent to a
> public mailing list. But if it is possible, is it preferable to send it
> directly to the public mailing list or to list of persons you mentioned?

My personal preference is that the technical discussion happen on
public-webapps, of course, but that is a dialog that should be carried
on by people like you, who are in both organizations.

Liaisons from MPEG (and other organizations) tend to be formal documents
(usually in Word or PDF format), and require formal documents in return,
so we need to address that in a separate channel, after the technical
discussion has taken place.  If it is possible to have these liaisons
sent to the public list as well as the people and lists I mention above,
please do so; failing that, please ask them to send the liaisons to
member-webapps as well.

If we need to draw up a Memorandum of Understanding regarding this,
please let us know.  Thanks again.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs