Re: File API: Blob and underlying file changes.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> This doesn't address the problem that authors are unlikely to even
> attempt to deal with this situation, given how rare it is. And even
> less likely to deal with it successfully given how hard the situation
> is reproduce while testing.

I don't know how rare the case is. It might become less rare if there is an
uploader of big movie files and it's easy to overwrite the big movie file by
hitting 'save' button in movie editor while it is still uploading... Perhaps
such uploader can use other means to detect the file change though...

It would be nice to spell out *some* behavior though, or we can end up with
some incompatible implementations. Speaking about Blob.slice(), what is
recommended behavior of resultant Blobs on the underlying file change?