Re: [UMP] Server opt-in

Hi Adam, I don't understand this at all. First, as the draft UMP already
says, were it not for the need to be compatible with currently deployed
browser behaviors, UMP would prefer a short header "U:" anyway, rather than
the unfortunately long "Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*" in
an incompressible position.

Second, we are using the same header because it is the means, under CORS,
XDR, and UMP, for the server to opt-out of same-origin protections. The
server cannot force the client to not provide ambient authority information
in any case. The most it can do is ignore such information. It is up to the
client not to provide such information. It is the job of the standard to
require the client not to provide it, and to inform server-side authors not
to expect it.

--
   Cheers,
   --MarkM