Re: [IndexedDB] Multi-value keys

Another possible meaning for arrays is allowing someone to insert multiple
values into an index that point to one object store.  For example:

{ names: ["Sarah", "Jessica", "Parker"], ...}
{ names: ["Bono"], ...}
{ names: ["Jonas", "Sicking"], ...}

Then I could look up "Sicking" inside an index with a keyPath of "names" and
find Jonas even though I didn't know whether I was looking for his first
name or last.

I'm not sure whether creating semantics like this (or at least reserving the
possibility for them in the future) is worth not using indexes as Jonas
proposed, but it's worth considering.

I'm also not so hot on the idea that if I want to index into something I
either need to duplicate/mangle data in order to use keyPath or do explicit
key management (which I'm not so hot on in general).  I wonder if we could
define keyPath to take some sort of array like syntax so that your example
could work via a keyPath of "[firstName, lastName]" instead.  Of course then
the spec for the keyPath syntax is more complex.

I'm sold on the need for ways to do composite indexes, but I'm not sure what
the best way to express them will be.  The fact that couchDB allows indexing
on arrays definitely makes me lean towards your proposal though, Jonas.