From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Nathan
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:24 PM
To: Vivek Khurana
Cc: public-webapps
Subject: Re: JS crypto?

Vivek Khurana wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Marcin Hanclik
> <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> This seems to be the current related standardization effort:
>> http://bondidev.omtp.org/1.5/crypto.html
>> =
>> http://bondi01.obe.access-company.com/1_5_5602_145/crypto.html
>
>  I think the OP request is much larger than this. Bondi is restricted
> to widgets and mobile browsers, while having crypto support built into
> the browser has several advantages for web applications in general.
>  If we plan to take this up, I can provide couple of use cases to support this.
>
> regards
> Vivek

snap, there were a few good use-cases in the original mail, but I could
produce many more.

what's needed (or what I can see people making use of ever increasingly)
is two levels:

1: UA support for crypto functions, specifically
openssl_open/seal/hash/verify and generating key pairs

2: the same exposed to javascript

:)

ps: I don't know what use I could be other than adopting immediately and
testing very heavily.

Best,

Nathan

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Kiyoyasu Oishi, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.