Re: [UMP] Request for Last Call

On Apr 8, 2010, at 5:40 AM, Tyler Close wrote:

> Reading between the lines, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, I
> suspect what you're really saying is that you don't want two specs to
> exist and you feel committed to CORS.

I'm saying the latter, but not the former. So long as UMP is a subset
of CORS according to an objective standard we all agree on, and so
long as we have done due diligence to conform this, I have no personal
objection to advancing it. Note: I do not believe this is currently
true, but I believe we could easily make it true.

The purpose of my message was to note that the UMP spec is unlikely to
factor directly into Apple's plans, since there was a specific
question about implementor interest. I do not mean to imply that
Apple's level of interest should be the deciding factor.

Regards,
Maciej