Re: Scientific Literature on Capabilities (was Re: CORS versus Uniform Messaging?)

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> The most simple cases are also the most common and are by far the cases I
> care the most about. The more complicated cases are authored by more
> competent authors, and can be more complicated (e.g. they don't have to
> use CORS).

It seems to me that anyone who needs cross-origin resources in the first
place, and cannot accept providing *everyone* access to the resource, is
most likely already doing something complicated enough that there is a
significant chance of vulnerabilities.  Non-complicated situations with
these requirements seem relatively rare to me.  But you would know better.