Re: Scientific Literature on Capabilities (was Re: CORS versus Uniform Messaging?)

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Devdatta wrote:

> hmm.. just a XDR GET on the file at hixie.ch which allows access only if
> the request is from damowmow.com ?

It couldn't be XDR -- XDR is a script-based mechanism, whereas XBL can be
invoked before the root element is parsed. But even assuming the XDR
protocol could be extended to XBL, that would require scripting or much
more complicated .htaccess rules. With CORS, I can do it with one simple
line in .htaccess.

Also, as I understand it, XDR sends an "Origin" header, which is what UM
is trying to avoid.