Re: CfC: to publish LCWD of: Server-Events, Web {SQL Database, Sockets, Storage, Worker}; deadline 15 December

On Dec 16, 2009, at 4:09 PM, ext Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:46:03 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>
>> What's the deadline by which we have to have submitted a request? If
>> there's time, I'd like to address Adrian's feedback on the Web
>> Sockets
>> API and then either publish it as LC (if Adrian agrees) or at
>> least WD.
>
> I think it makes more sense to publish as a working draft right
> now. The
> reality is that wider review that wasn't actually done earlier is
> often
> triggered by people holding something up, so assuming that your
> approach
> to addressing those comments in one day would result in a draft the
> entire
> group thinks is ready if they actually review it carefully seems
> optimistic at best.

Chaals' points are good and if we want a publication of websockets
before the December 18 publication request deadline, we should ask
Hixie to please prepare a (non-LC) WD of websockets for 22 December
publication.

Hixie - is this doable?

-Art Barstow