From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin@berjon.com]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:43 PM
To: Amit Kasher
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org; 'Eyal Sela'; Amit Monbaz
Subject: Re: Widget specification - liquid height support

Hi Amit,

On Dec 10, 2009, at 15:54 , Amit Kasher wrote:
> I couldn’t find any mentioning to the “liquidness” of the new HTML element
“widget”. What happens if one does not configure any height or width to it?

> In terms of width, I assume it behaves like a div and takes the entire
container width, but what happens with height?
> Does it behave like a div that changes its height according to its
content, or does it behave like an iframe that doesn’t?

I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the widget element. It is not
meant to be used in HTML documents, or for that matter to ever be rendered.
It simply is a container for the configuration of widgets, as part of the
config.xml file that widget packages contain.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/