Re: [AC/CORS] Proper behavior for user agents who return 'null' Access-Control-Allow-Origin

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:03:27 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> My recollection from the meeting in seattle was that we did not want
> to allow this.
>
> In any case, it does seem like a very strange feature to me. Sending
>
> Access-Control-Allow-Origin: null
>
> would then mean essentially, "allow access to everyone who I don't
> know who it is". I can't think of a situation where this makes sense.

The use case we discussed was allowing e.g. personalized search results
even from things that do not have an origin. (You cannot do that with *
because we explicit disallowed credentials there.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/