Re: CORS versus Uniform Messaging? [Was: [cors] Uniform Messaging, a CSRF resistant profile of CORS]

We intend that Uniform Messaging be adopted instead of CORS. We intend
that those APIs that were expected to utilize CORS (SSE, XBL) instead
utilize Uniform Messaging. As for XHR2, we intend to propose a similar
UniformRequest that utilizes Uniform Messaging.

We intend the current proposal, Uniform Messaging Level One, as an
alternative to the pre-flight-less subset of CORS. As for the
remaining Level Two issues gated on pre-flight, perhaps these are best
addressed after we settle the SOP restrictions that server-side app
authors may count on, which therefore protocols such as CORS and
Uniform Messaging must uphold.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM