Re: [widgets] test-cases for icons: some possible errors

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Scott Wilson
<scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some more potential test case errors and fixes:
>
> ======
> bl.wgt
>
> ✔ Tests the UA's ability to locate an icon in a locale folder and at the
> root of the widget. To pass, after processing, the icons list must contain a
> pointer to "locales/en/icon.jpg", and "icon.png", which is at the root of
> the widget. The icons list needs to be in the correct order, where
> "locales/en/icon.jpg" must be first and "icon.png" must be second.
>
> Following Step 9 and using "Rule for Finding a File Within a Widget Package"
> I always get these the other way around, as "icon.png" is in front of
> "icon.jpg" in the default icons list

hhhhmmm..... I'm not sure I understand how that happens? Section
9.1.3. "Rule for Finding a File Within a Widget Package", step 5 in
the algorithm should be forcing you to find the localized icon first.
Please recheck the spec and I can try to clarify where it is confusing
in regards to how files are found (i.e., always localized content
first, then followed by unlocalized content)

> ======
> bm.wgt
>
> ✔ Tests the UA's ability to deal with custom icon declaration in the config
> document and matching default icons. To pass, the icons list must contain a
> pointer to "locales/en/icon.jpg" and "icon.png", which is at the root of the
> widget. The list needs to be in the correct order, where
> "locales/en/icon.jpg" must be first and "icon.png" must be second.
>
> Following Step 9 and using "Rule for Finding a File Within a Widget Package"
> I always get these the other way around, as "icon.png" is in front of
> "icon.jpg" in the default icons list

As above.

> ======
>
> bn.wgt
>
> "✔ Tests the UA's ability to deal with custom icon declarations in the
> config document and matching default icons. To pass, the icons list must
> contain a pointer to "icons/pass.png", and "icon.png", which is at the root
> of the widget. The list needs to be in the correct order, where
> "icons/pass.png" must be first, followed by "icon.png".
>
> As "{root}/icon.png" doesn't exist I think this should instead be
>
> ✔ Tests the UA's ability to deal with custom icon declarations in the config
> document and matching default icons. To pass, the icons list must contain a
> pointer to "icons/pass.png", and "locales/en/icon.png", which is at the root
> of the widget. The list needs to be in the correct order, where
> "icons/pass.png" must be first, followed by "locales/en/icon.png".

correct - test was ok, but description was wrong.

> ======
>
> bp.wgt
>
> ✔ Test the UA's ability to load default icons in the correct order. To pass,
> the icons list must contain a pointer "icon.png" followed by a pointer to
> "en/locales/icon.jpg".
>
> Looks like a typo; I think this should instead be:
>
> ✔ Test the UA's ability to load default icons in the correct order. To pass,
> the icons list must contain a pointer "icon.png" followed by a pointer to
> "locales/en/icon.jpg".

fixed

> ======
>
> zz.wgt
>
> ✔ Tests the ability of the user agent to correctly deal with an icon element
> that points to a file that is not present in the widget package. To pass,
> the icon list must contain "pass.png".
>
> I don't think this is correct - either the package needs to include the file
> "icon.png" and that gets in the list, or the list needs to be empty, as
> there is no rule that identifies "pass.png" is a valid icon when its not
> specified as a custom icon.

You are correct. It now says "To pass, the icon list must be empty."

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au