Re: [webstorage] deleting a database

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, João Eiras wrote:

> The webstorage specification needs an API to delete a database, because
> there's no such way to do it currently.
> Something like deleteDatabase(name) would be good. And after calling it, all
> open transactions would be marked as invalid.
> The user agent could then delete the data on disk and do all the necessary
> clean up.

Deleting all the data in the database (i.e. dropping all the tables)
should be sufficient, no? There's nothing to store if you don't have any
data in the database (in particular, there's no reason to store the
version as far as I can tell -- you can just act as if the user deleted
the database as soon as the database is empty).