RE: [FileReader API, ProgressEvents] Design patterns, FileWriter API

Hi Arun,

>> To be clear, IMHO it's absolutely too late for FileReader
FileReader is still ED, therefore we may have time, I think.

>>Regarding FileWriter, I'm open to considering new event names, but in
>>general, discussing FileWriter's event model may be putting the cart in
>>front of the horse.  Even if we had an event-driven FileWriter, what
>>would it do?  We'll need to figure out filesystem access (real or
>>virtual) first! :-)
Agreed.
I have been thinking in terms of API design patterns and IMHO their target is to first document what we have in order to be able to foresee potential incompatibilities.
That is why I shout early :)

Thanks,
Marcin

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646