Re: [FileReader API, ProgressEvents] Design patterns, FileWriter API

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:30:16 +0100, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
wrote:
> I think that just as the names 'load*' were chosen for generic data
> transfer events (either networked or within a document), and are used
> within documents loaded in the DOM, XHR, and FileReader, we'll need
> reusable 'write*' events.  Without bikeshedding too much, I like your
> proposal above, but wonder whether we should use the name 'write*' or
> something else.  Since we already have document.write, 'write' is
> probably the most vetted string to use here :)

For what it's worth, for XMLHttpRequest "sending" events (which are
arguably somewhat like write) we still use loadstart/... and simply
dispatch them on a distinct object. I've no idea what the file writer API
will look like, but I can imagine we might be able to do the same there.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/