Re: Let's turn WebDatabase into a WG Note

On Nov 17, 2009, at 9:34 PM, Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've been thinking about the WebDatabase specification [1] and I've
> come to two conclusions.  (1) We are miles away from consensus on
> this specification, and, hence, we should _not_ consider putting it
> out for last call.  (2)  While good work has gone into the IDL/
> JavaScript Call Level Interface (CLI), we have made no progress on
> its SQL language specification and are not likely to in the future.
> Thus we should publish the CLI as a WG Note titled "WebSQLDatabase
> CLI" and curtail active work on this specification in the working
> group. This is Oracle's official position on this matter.

I disagree. Publishing a WG Note would be appropriate if we had WG
consensus to stop work. I don't think we have consensus to do that. I
also don't think we have consensus to proceed to the next step (Last
Call). The right maturity level to represent this condition would be
Working Draft.

Regards,
Maciej