Re: CORS and HTTP error responses

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:45:53 +0100, Robert O'Callahan <
> robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
>> This suggests that the client should expect --- and the server should send
>> --- CORS headers such as Access-Control-Allow-Origin:* in HTTP error
>> be silent on the issue.
>>

> That's exactly what should happen, yes. The specification is status code
> agnostic apart from redirects. Anything I can do that makes that more clear?

It might be worth explicitly mentioning that CORS headers can (and sometimes
should) be included in error responses, perhaps with an example of when that
would make sense. Maybe I'm over-paranoid but it just struck me (and Jeff
Walden) as something that server implementers are likely to overlook.

Thanks,
Rob
53:5-6]