Work on Read before/separtely from Write? (was: Rename “File API” to “FileReader API”?)

Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 02:28 -0800, Arun Ranganathan a écrit :
> Discussion about renaming shows that there isn't really consensus about
> a name change [1][2], so I haven't proceeded with one.  I'd rather
> proceed without a name change for now, but work towards evolving file
> write capabilities safely for the web based on this API.  I'm not averse
> to multiple specifications (and better naming later on), if we find that
> use cases diverge between groups.  Some editorial help has been
> forthcoming [3], which is welcome.

It certainly seems entirely reasonable not to change the title now (i.e.
before the FPWD), given indeed lack of consensus on the topic.

I tend to think that it’s probably better to work separately on the read
and write access (independently on the questions of which WG the work
happens), since read-access seems to be closer to be ready and
well-understood than writing — I guess that’s really what needs to be
discussed now rather than the title of the spec which really is only a
corollary issue.

Dom

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0604.html