Re: [FileAPI] File.mediaType

> This should be a bit more exact as to how the mediaType is returned. I
> would prefer ASCII-lowercase. Returning "application/octet-stream"
> rather than null also seems better if the type is not known. That way
> you do not have to type check. Other parts of the platform also handle
> "application/octet-stream" as unknown.

That's not necessarily true.  Most simply, loading a url in a browser
doesn't treat application/octet-stream the same way it treats a missing
Content-Type header.

> Also, maybe we should just call this type? File.type seems unambiguous
> enough.

It seems that many people think of "JPG" or "PNG" or "HTML" etc as the
"file type".  Witness all the dialog in various software that talk about
"PNG files" and such.

-Boris