Re: Value of Server-Sent Events

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Michael Nordman wrote:

> I'm not sure this would really need a notion of "critial" messages. That
> may just be complicating things unnecessarily.
>
> If an application is sending data with those kind of characteristics, it
> could be handled at the application level. It can send a "keyFrame" bit
> of its own and drop non key frames on the client side until it comes
> across the first key it observes.

Maybe. I was expecting some systems to send a single "keyframe" as the
first event, which would be important for the interpretation of the rest,
without ever repeating it.

But either way, we can figure this out when we get to it; we'll need
implementation experience to know what people really want from this.