Re: CfC: to publish new WDs of Server-sent Events, Web {Database, Sockets API, Storage, Workers}; deadline 26 October

On Oct 23, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:

> Fine for all except WebDatabase.
>
> I notice that its present ED is virtually the same as its FPWD
> (modulo a new section on data sensitivity). There is no movement on
> any of the thorny issues - locking granularity, relational model and
> SQL dialect.
>
> I am not sure what benefit is to be achieved from republishing
> essentially the same draft as a new WD. It does have the opportunity
> to mislead general public in thinking that progress is being made in
> the spec, when that is not the case.
>
> As Ian says in the IRC log, no one agrees on the WebDatabase spec
> any way so does it help to publish (essentially the same text as) a
> new WD?

I think it's advantageous to publish the freshest versions we have as
Working Drafts in advance of the publication moratorium. I don't see
the advantage to leaving an older copy in the TR/ namespace, even if
the changes are relatively small.

Regards,
Maciej