Re: Using progress events for other purposes

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:30:31 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 17:48:04 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
> <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:04:04 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
>
>> I propose to add the attributes totalItems and loadedItems to preogress
>> events, as a way of dealing with use cases like showing progress in
>> downloading an application cache. This allows for firing progress
>> events which have total/loaded values on individual items, by defining
>> them as referring to the current item in the presence of the totalIems
>> / loadedItems.
>
> Doe anyone have a use case or preference for making these a long long,
> or is a long enough?

If only a subset of the attributes ends up being used, i.e. appcache is
not going to dispatch progress events more often than one per file, I do
not think this feature is worth it to be honest. Because for appcache
total and loaded would always be 0 and for XMLHttpRequest totalItems and
loadedITems would always be 0.

Are there any other cases worth considering?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/