Re: Using progress events for other purposes

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 05:20:49 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 01:50:00 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
> <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
>
>>> That would work for appcache, yeah. We'd need to make sure the spec was
>>> clear about what the other attributes should be set to in this
>>> situation,
>>> too, since in appcache they is only one event per file.
>>
>> OK, I'll work on it to try and get an editor's draft out tomorrow. My
>> rough idea is that you can send an event which has lengthComputable
>> false and totalItems / loadedItems, and IFF they have lengthComputable
>> true then the loaded and total refer to the particular item - (does
>> itemCount start  from zero or one?)
>
> Isn't itemCount redundant with loadedItems?

Yep - it is what I was thinking of calling loadedItems before, and snuck
back into my brain. (I prefer the loadedItems / totalItems names because
they match the loaded/total attributes, and because they go very well with
the 70s-style ribbons in the spokes of my bike wheels).

cheers

Chaals