Re: Using progress events for other purposes

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:04:04 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:20:52 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>>
>>> The alternative is to think now about extending Progress Events to deal
>>> with non byte-length progress (e.g. a series of transactions, each of
>>> which is very rapid alone but which add up to minutes).
>>>
>>> My preference would be to create new attributes for this case rather
>>> than overload the total/loaded attributes.

I propose to add the attributes totalItems and loadedItems to preogress
events, as a way of dealing with use cases like showing progress in
downloading an application cache. This allows for firing progress events
which have total/loaded values on individual items, by defining them as
referring to the current item in the presence of the totalIems /
loadedItems.

Does that work for the use case?

>>> I have raised ISSUE-105 for this question.

cheers

Chaals