Re: [widgets] Dropping xml:lang on icon elements

Hey Marcos,

On Oct 9, 2009, at 16:07 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 9, 2009, at 13:33 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>>> For simplicity, keeping a two-dimensional lookup of media type ×
>>> locales folder makes the implementation easiest and yields the least
>>> surprises.
>>
>> Fine by me, so long as it doesn't delay the spec any further :)
>
> I don't appreciate these "delay" statements. The only thing that is
> delaying the CR process is that few  implementers are sharing their
> implementation experience and that I'm having to create test and
> verify the spec on my own (and me having to waste time repeating in
> emails what the purpose of CR is!). These icon bugs were caught by
> Opera because Opera is turning the theory outlined in P&C into
> practice.

So it's great that Opera is finding bugs and reporting them, and it
sucks that others are not finding or not reporting them — which might
just mean that Opera is farther ahead in its implementation.

But that doesn't change one fundamental fact: this is a change "for
simplicity", i.e. unless I misunderstood something not a bug that
prevents interoperable implementation. So I'll re-state my position:
if it causes no delay than already incurred, I'm happy to make
implementers' jobs easier, otherwise I think it should stay as is.
It's just the same argument I've been making all along: it's never
going to be perfect, but it could well be too late.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/