Re: [XHR] Some comments on "charset" in the Content-Type header

On Sep 19, 2008, at 7:44 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>> It's intended in part to be a way to keep all our law-abiding
>> citizen readers in the general public informed about what progress
>> if any the group is making on the spec.
>
> But if the information is months out of date, is it useful?  Seems
> to me that it would be better to just make the editor's draft public
> and be done with it.

W3C Process requires us to periodically publish Working Drafts, and by
policy that is what goes under /TR/. It may be possible to change
these policies, but I think it goes way beyond the scope of this
Working Group.

I think putting a prominent link to the latest Editor's Draft  in
every Working Draft is probably the best we can do without changing
W3C Process.

Regards,
Maciej