Re: [selectors-api] Summary of Feature Requests for v2

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Sean Hogan wrote:
>>> I think a couple of those features are pretty low priority:
>>>
>>> - I don't see the point of collective queries on NodeLists.
>>> Are there any references for the proposal?
>>> Otherwise I can't think of any useful queries that can't already be
>>> achieved with a single querySelectorAll().
>>
>> It was discussed a couple of days ago in IRC. It's based on the
>> functionality provided and needed by javascript libraries.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to provide the link.  The relevant discussion is
> spread out quite a bit throughout this log, beginning here.
>
> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20090922#l-1111
>
> I've highlighted the relevant parts.

I couldn't see where it was needed, only that it was possible in jQuery.
I still can't think of any NodeLists that this could usefully be applied
to that couldn't be achieved with a single querySelectorAll(). At least
until we can create arbitrary NodeLists.