Re: [File API] feedback on August 1/5 draft

Michael Nordman wrote:
> >The draft says a new UUID should be 'coined' for each method invocation.
> (Why is that?) Given the coinage of a new url on each access, accessing it
> thru an attribute feels a little odd.

This should have been an editor's note, and not a part of the spec.
text.  The "unique" and "hard to guess" nature of the URL is covered by
both lifetime and origin requirements, and I think the "new coinage"
requirement was overkill without payoff :-)  I've eliminated that
requirement, and thus we now have filedata.url which returns a filedata:
scheme URL.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileUpload/publish/FileAPI.html

-- A*