Re: Publishing XMLHttpRequest

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:17:09 +0200, Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
> Please could you add an appendix in the latter that summarises what's
> new in the new version?

Is there anything the Abstract does not cover you would like to see mentioned?

> I believe it is true to say that a "conforming user agent" as defined by
> XMLHttpRequest-2 cannot also a "conforming user agent" as defined by
> XMLHttpRequest (not least because the introduction of CORS overrides the
> requirement to throw SECURITY_ERR at various points).

Yeah. I thought of changing the original XMLHttpRequest to match this new reality, but was not sure whether it is worth it.

>  What is the
> recommended way for code to discover to which version of the
> specification an implementation conforms?

I rather not recommend a particular strategy as I'm sure users of the API are much more skilled in dealing with issues such as this one.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/