Re: Points of order on this WG

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2009, at 11:35 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > [...] (if anything, I think we should split Web Storage into two
> > further specs [...]
>
> [...] I would prefer to see SQL Storage split out of the rest of Web
> Storage. We seem to have rough consensus and strong multilateral
> implementor interest on LocalStorage and SessionStorage, and they should
> be allowed to move forward on the standards track quickly. SQL Storage
> remains contentious, and only Apple and Google have shown strong
> implementor interest so far. And it has no technical tie to the other
> storage drafts.

Done.

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/

I'll probably not ask for Web Database to go to last call in October
(unlike the rest of the specs I'm working on), so that we can add the SQL
definition before last call (which I plan to do either Q4 this year or
early next year).