Re: Berkeley DB license (was Re: Points of order on this WG)

On Friday 2009-06-26 15:27 -0700, Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:
> I understand the interest in using Berkeley DB in browsers provided
> appropriate licensing freedom were available. I am beginning to
> understand your concerns vis-à-vis Berkeley DB's license.

To be clear, I wasn't expressing any interest (or disinterest); I
was just commenting on the licensing issues.  I don't have any
opinion on whether we'd want to use it if there weren't licensing
issues (nor would I be the right person to do so).

(I'm just sending this clarification to avoid anyone being under the
incorrect impression that if the license were changed the software
would promptly be incorporated into browsers.  There's still the
issue of convincing browser makers that doing so is important enough
that they'd be willing to support it.)

-David