Re: Points of order on this WG

On Jun 26, 2009, at 12:23 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:20:43 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak
> <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>> I strongly agree on these points. I would prefer to see SQL Storage
>> split out of the rest of Web Storage. We seem to have rough
>> consensus and strong multilateral implementor interest on
>> LocalStorage and SessionStorage, and they should be allowed to move
>> forward on the standards track quickly. SQL Storage remains
>> contentious, and only Apple and Google have shown strong
>> implementor interest so far. And it has no technical tie to the
>> other storage drafts. I also think Nikunj's proposal should be yet
>> a third separate orthogonal draft.
>
> FWIW, Opera is implementing SQL storage too.

That's great news! Having multiple independent implementations will, I
hope, provide more reason to advance the spec.

However, I still think SQL storage should be split from LocalStorage/
SessionStorage, since there is no technical reason for them to be tied
together, and they enjoy different levels of consensus and implementor
support.

Regards,
Maciej