Re: Storage and widgets

I suggest we leave that to implementations; the UA is providing a
preferences storage service to Widgets, and its the correct behaviour
in that relationship that is important rather than where and how data
gets stored by the UA.

In our case wiring Widget.preferences to window.localstorage simply
won't work - we have to track state server-side and not only rely on
the browser (remember we also have to handle shared-state widgets, a
la Google Wave Gadgets - not just single-user, single-device-owner
scenarios).  However in a lot of cases it would be sufficient, so is
an implementation strategy worth supporting (hence making the API
conform to Storage).