Re: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, 7

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Marcin Hanclik
<Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
> 9.1
>
> Step 1
>
> The section is about acquiring the Zip archive.
>
> It is however only about data transfer protocol. What about simple files in
> the filesystem?

The spec tries to make a distinction between acquisition of potential
Zip archive not labeled with a media type (read file system) AND
Acquisition of potential Zip archive labeled with a media type.

To clarify this a bit more, I've added to the second part:

"When aquiring a potential Zip archive that has not been labeled with
a media type (e.g., from a file system), a user agent..."

> Step4
>
> This step only applied to user agents …
>
> should be
>
> This step only is applied to user agents …

Fixed

> Step7
>
> What to do when more then one …
>
> should be
>
> What to do when more than one …

Fixed.

> For example, assume the user agent's locales only contains the …
>
> should be
>
> For example, assume the user agent's locales only contain the …

Fixed.

> However, if the user agent's locales was "*",
>
> should be
>
> However, if the user agent's locales contained only "*",

fixed.

> type whose xml:lang attribute match the language
>
> should be
>
> type whose xml:lang attribute matches the language

fixed

> can ask the user agent ignore an object
>
> should be
>
> can ask the user agent to ignore an object

Fixed.

> is left up-to the
>
> should be
>
> is left up to the

Fixed.

> “5 Otherwise,
>
> the element is a widget element:”
>
> Not very clear structure.
>
> It should probably be:
>
> “Otherwise, if the element is a widget element:”

Fixed.

> “Let root element be the documentElement of doc.”
>
> documentElement could be referenced to DOM3

I think it is redundant there; the document has already been parsed as
a DOM3 doc.

> be the result of apply the
>
> should be (a few  times)
>
> be the result of applying the

Fixed.

> then the attribute is in error the user agent must ignore it.
>
> should be
>
> then the attribute is in error and the user agent must ignore it.

Fixed.

> “Otherwise, continue this algorithm.”
>
> Seems not needed.

Removed.

> Content element:
>

> If the type attribute is used,
>
> could be
>
> If the type attribute is present,

I had that in previous drafts and people complained. Settled for
"used", the people were happy:)

> If the charset attribute is used,
>
> could be
>
> If the charset attribute is present,

as above.

> If a required attribute is used,
>
> could be
>
> If a required attribute is present

as above.

> … ignore this element/attribute. Stop processing this element …
>
> Here, better linking to the preceding “if” could add clarity. A “.” (dot)
> and imperative mode may result in misunderstanding (there are many instances
> of this case).

> Step 8
>
> then skip this Step and
>
> should be
>
> then skip this step and

Fixed.

> If potential-start-file is null or an error, ignore
>
> should be
>
> If potential-start-file is null or in error, ignore

Fixed...

> But potential-start-file cannot be in error, since there is no such
> assignment.

A. could have put it in error? "Let potential-start-file be the result
of applying the rule for finding a file within a widget package to
file name."

> Let start file content-type be the media type given in the second column of
> the default start files table.
>
> How to choose the item from that columnt?

I moved the following text from the Default Start Files section, down to step 8:

"When attempting to locate a default start file, a user agent must
attempt to locate a file entry whose file-name matches one of the
default start files based on the order they appear in the default
start files table (from top to bottom). File names must be treated as
case-sensitive."

> Stopped at Step 8. To be continued.

Nice one! nearly at the end :)

--