Re: More complete draft for Widgets: Access Requests

On May 20, 2009, at 10:44 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

> in order to keep the work on the <access> element going, I've fleshed
> out the WAR draft:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-access/
>
> It includes the basics of a security model (which might not actually
> need to be expanded much further if we can indeed reuse as much as
> possible from HTML5); the bone of contention that we have (I hope I
> captured it fairly, if not you have CVS access Arve); the <access>
> element and its processing; and the usual paraphernalia.
>
> I would like to push a FPWD of this fast. If it were possible to agree
> to publish it during the call tomorrow it would be great.

Yes, we can add this to the May 21 widgets agenda.

One of the problems that at least Arve, Thomas and others have
raised, is the lack of clear use case(s) and requirements. I think
that information should be included in the FPWD. It would not only
help the group work through the details of the model but would also
help others understand the rationale and design of the model.

Given BONDI has done some related security work, perhaps they have
use case and requirements that can be used/leveraged.

-Regards, Art Barstow