Re: Storage and widgets

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:01:20 +0200, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think perhaps the underlying assumptions may vary according to the
> type of UA?
>
> However, I think even on a single-user O/S (e.g. mobile) or in a
> sandboxed user context you would still want to maintain storage of
> preferences on a per-instance basis.

Correct, and this is what Opera's implementation currently does. In addition, Opera also defines an entirely separate context for every widget, so that cookies or history is not shared between widget instances.

For widget storage, we can probably add some prescriptive text to the A&E spec, but I'll have to admit that I'm not at all sure of where to put those other concerns, except in a separate specification.

--
Arve Bersvendsen