Re: Do we need to rename the Origin header?

Adam Barth wrote on 4/6/2009 3:04 PM:
> 1) Enable CSRF mitigation for GET requests.
>
> To achieve (1), the Mozilla proposal sends the header (let's call it
> Blame-List for easy of discussion) for some GET requests, depending on
> how the requests were generated.  For example, a hyperlink or an image
> would not send Blame-List, but a form submission would.

Can we please include the Origin header for all same-origin requests, including GET and HEAD?  Or is there a compelling reason why not do to so?

Also, would there be value in having Origin sent for *all* requests, and if populating Origin is prohibited for that request (e.g. cross-origin GET), it sends "null" as the value?

- Bil