Re: [widgets] dropping Asynchronous HTTP Requests and Storage

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:28:47 +0200, Scott Wilson
<scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
> A consistent preferences interface is crucial for widget
> interoperability; most of the widget platforms surveyed in the
> Landscape document have a Preferences API - and have been pretty
> consistent in how they've designed it. Its not exactly radical
> standardisation practice to take 5 existing implementations and
> harmonize them in a standard - in fact, not doing so is downright odd!

Why would you standardize on a storage API, but not on a markup language,
markup language API, styling language, styling language API, scripting
language, etc.? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Especially if
it leads to user agents having to support two storage mechanisms for
widgets if they happen to have one already.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/