Re: Sketch of an idea to address widget/package addressing with fragID syntax and media-type defn.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org> wrote:
> I hate to burst ignorantly into a discussion I know little about... but
> that's what I'm going to do. Forgive me.
>
> Regarding the creation of local URIs for use in APIs requiring URIs: I want
> to consider, just as a what-if meant for clarification of requirements, the
> use of the tag: URI scheme [1], which appears on first blush to be a good
> fit.
>
> Suppose that the desired suffix of the URI is to be zzz. The URI would look
> like
>
> tag:widgets-r-us.org,2008:8948372837/zzz

i'm 99% certain this is in the minutes from the F2F, a WUA needs to be
able to instantiate multiple discreet instances of a widget, and needs
to be able to distinguish them. the instances need to be distinct.
Whether distinct instances should be able to enumerate and connect is
not currently decided but for future improvement the scheme shouldn't
prohibit this.