Re: [widgets] Trimming attribute values, a bad idea?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 03:51:13 +0100, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:

> Got a question... I've relaxed keyword attributes to be allowed to
> have leading and trailing whitespace.

Any particular reason for this? :-)

> Now, widget user agents are
> required to trim whitespace prior to validation/processing. Widget
> user agents must only perform literal comparisons with trimmed values,
> and must not perform case insensitive comparisons.

In HTML5, enumerated attributes are ASCII case-insensitive with no leading
or trailing whitespace allowed.

I'm not sure how SVG and MathML handle enumerated attributes, though.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software