Re: FileUpload Spec | Editor's Draft | Re: Call for Consensus: a new WD of the File Upload spec

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
>
>> All,

>>> Yes, [3] was our intended proposal for v1 of the file upload spec. I
>>> don't recall hearing any objection to publishing that as v1.
>>>
>>> Arun did not ever respond to that email thread, and your only
>>> comment was "This sounds like a great idea to me."
>>>
>> 1. Again, I apologize for embarking on a direction that wasn't what
>> Apple envisioned, but your intention to make [3] above a "v1" in lieu
>> of the a more expansive spec. wasn't clear to me.  Also, I didn't
>> respond to the thread because Jonas' post affirming that it "...
>> sounds like a great idea..." was sufficient.  Thus, I took the
>> proposal as a key component in a more expansive spec., but not as a
>> v1 spec. in and of itself.
>
> Would you be against making it a v1 spec in and of itself?

Note that I'll be taking out a lot of things, including FileDialog and
synchronous APIs (as discussed).

But I am against dropping asynchronous i/o APIs altogether in v1 without
a good technical reason.  The Blob API seemed like a workable
strawperson for the WG, but you had technical nits.  Can you send us the
technical commentary on Blob?  The same goes for others who express
reservation about these APIs.

-- A*