Re: New Progress draft (1.25)...

Garrett Smith wrote:
 >>> I do like the symmetry in the current proposal where loadstart is
 >>> the first thing that fires, and loadend is the last thing. Seems
 >>> very intuitive.
 >> I agree that dispatching loadend last makes sense.
 >
 > Other than "liking the symmetry" can you provide a reason for why it
 > "makes sense"?

The symmetry is why I think it makes sense. In general people will have
fewer bugs if things work the way they intuitively expect. The question
is what people intuitively expect.

>> I do remember that we talked about it that way, and also talked about having
>> the default action of the loadend event be to fire the appropriate
>> abort/error/load event.
>>
>> However I'm not sure why that way is better? I.e. why would you want to
>> prevent abort/error/load from firing?
>>

> I can't imagine why anyone would would do that. Seems like a red herring.

I thought that that was the setup (with default actions) that we had
discussed. I agree it's not a relevant use case, which in fact is what I
was arguing in my paragraph above.

> The goal is to know when a request has completed, to remove the
> That is loadend's raison d'être, as I see it, and that is the exact
> reason I proposed this to "Chaals" over a year ago (it is in the
> archives).

I agree. Not sure if that is what you want to do before or after getting
the load/error/abort event though?

I should mention that I'm not particularly married to having things one
way or another. But I think we should have reasons for choosing.

/ Jonas

/