Re: responseXML/responseText exceptions and parseError

On 6/19/08, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> That's useful, but IMHO not nearly as useful as giving the script code the
> ability to access the information. Sometimes errors happens in the absence
> of the developer, and it's useful to have an easy and automatable way to get
> the diagnostics.

this always scares me. i'm sure the context is "all information
available is only being provided to a trusted source", however....

generally what i've seen is that exposing some information about a
parse error to a script is a great way to enable data leaks to a
malicious application.

iirc mozilla isn't planning on implementing certain css error
structures for this reason....