Re: [progress-events] loaded member misnamed?

Reply-to set to webapps - note we are in a transition...

On Wed, 28 May 2008 13:01:13 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday someone contacted me on IRC about implementing
> XMLHttpRequest.upload from XMLHttpRequest Level 2. It turns out that the
> Progress Events specification is not generic enough for both uploading
> and downloading as we agreed it should be long ago.
>
> The ProgressEvent.loaded member should probably be defined in a more
> abstract way

Can you explain in more detail what should be changed? (Feel free to raise
a new issue for this in the webapps tracker - otherwise I will when I
understasnd a bit more clearly what the issue is about).

> and I would actually suggest to rename it to ProgressEvent.transferred
> so it's clear that it is about transferred data.

Probably, but like many things we inherited a name and there are existing
implementations using it, so it seemed sensible to keep the names stable.

This is issue 119 [1] in the webapi tracker

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/track/issues/119

cheers

Chaals