RE: [websocket-test] What's the plan for reviewing and approving Opera's WebSocket tests?

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, Ken Reed wrote:

> James, are you looking into root causing these Timeout issues?
>
> I'm consistently getting Timeout across IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
> If it helps at all, the behavior I'm seeing doesn't seem to be
> consistent with something actually timing out. I'm getting the timeout
> response back within around three seconds of launching the test. There
> are plenty of other tests which take longer than that but do complete.

I don't know what to do, really. For me all the tests seem to work as
expected. For Mike, the timeouts seemed to be explained by his network
connection which showed periodic high latencies to w3c-test.org.

You said that some tests work for you. Do any of these actually require a
websocket connection (such a test would have something like var ws = new
WebSocket(SCHEME_HOST_PORT + "/ws/foo") in the source)? A number of the
tests don't have any actual server-side requirement. Does adding ?wss to
the url make a difference? That will use encrypted websockets over port
443 instead of websockets in the clear over port 80. How does your latency
to w3c-test.org look?