Re: Proposal to move WebApps' tests to github [Was: Re: Opera's SSE Tests on GitHub]

On 01/21/2013 03:21 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 1/21/13 8:23 AM, ext Odin Hørthe Omdal wrote:
>> HTML tests have all moved to GitHub[1].  We had many discussions about
>> that on TPAC.  My understanding was that this move was not only for
>> HTML, but for all groups.  The infrastructure for it should be in
>> place, so it should be quite easy.
>>
>> So when I was speaking about GitHub, I actually meant having the full
>> webapps repository there, and adding the SSE tests to the relevant
>> subfolder on that repository.  I did not mean the current
>> forked-off-on-its-own repository on GitHub that the Opera SSE tests
>> have now.
>>
>> We just had a user Yaffle make 6 pull requests on GitHub [2] which is
>> a reinforcement of the reasons for moving our test repositories to
>> GitHub :-)  Also, HTML has already done the hard bits, so it should be
>> rather easy for us to move now.
>>

>> So, where do I/we start for doing this?
>
> During WebApps' TPAC 2012 meeting, the group did not discuss moving its
> test repo to Github -  that move was discussed in one of Wednesday's TP
> meeting breakout sessions.
>
> If you want to pursue this move, to facilitate WG-wide feedback, please
> send a proposal to public-webapps. Also, in the proposal, please be
> clear about who you expect to do the work.

Robin and I have done most of the work for the HTML test suite; I'd be
more than happy to help out for WebApps as well, and I suspect the same
is true for Robin.

For the record, I'd like to note that, for simplicity and ease of
collaboration, I'd prefer to share a repository with HTML and other test
suites in this area.

HTH
Ms2ger