Re: Opera's SSE Tests on GitHub [Was: <different topic>]

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:51:39 +0100, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> On 1/18/13 4:32 AM, ext Odin Hørthe Omdal wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 04:31:58 +0100, Zhao, Tina <tina.zhao@intel.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> c. Upload Opera tests to
>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webapps/file/5d9e3b5a2559/ServerSentEvents/tests.
>>
>> Hmm? Don't we have all that on GitHub now? Shouldn't that one only be a
>> mirror?
>
> For consistency with all of WebApps' other specs and tests, my
> preference is to put the test files in Hg.
>
> Tina - if Odin doesn't want to do that, would you please create an Opera
> submissions folder (Hg mirror would like [1]) and copy the files to that
> directory?
>
> -Thanks, ArtB
>
> [1] http://w3c-test.org/webapps/ServerSentEvents/tests/submissions/Opera/

HTML tests have all moved to GitHub[1].  We had many discussions about
that on TPAC.  My understanding was that this move was not only for HTML,
but for all groups.  The infrastructure for it should be in place, so it
should be quite easy.

So when I was speaking about GitHub, I actually meant having the full
webapps repository there, and adding the SSE tests to the relevant
subfolder on that repository.  I did not mean the current
forked-off-on-its-own repository on GitHub that the Opera SSE tests have
now.

We just had a user Yaffle make 6 pull requests on GitHub [2] which is a
reinforcement of the reasons for moving our test repositories to GitHub
:-)  Also, HTML has already done the hard bits, so it should be rather
easy for us to move now.

So, where do I/we start for doing this?

[1] https://github.com/w3c/html-testsuite
[2] https://github.com/w3c/event-source/pulls